There four options for showing the path of where the user click on the screen (point).
1) Switch ImageView to Canvas
- getGraphicsCountext() from canvas
- draw Image on the canvas
- draw dots on canvas
2) Put transparent canvas on top of ImageView using stackPane
- Just draw the dots on canvas using the GraphicsContext
- Will need the mouse events on Canvas
- Need Canvas to always be EXACTLY same size as ImageView
(if you have issues with this see http://lovelace.augustana.edu/q2a/index.php/246/there-properties-the-video-resize-the-imageview-the-canvas)
3) draw on Buffered Image before concerting to JavaFX image + Setting the ImageView
4) Add Circle object to a Pane that contains ImageView
In my team we used method 2 and it was not that bad.